I try to take pride in the small personal victories. I'll focus on how I wanted to finish at about 2 1/2 hours, and I finished in 2 hours and 32 minutes (pretty close, huh?). My pace was just under an 11 1/2 minute mile, and for me that's pretty good. I never stopped, I never walked, and I had a nice strong finish. So who cares that I came in 1,713 out of 1,824? So what if my fat friend, Kevin, beat me by like five minutes? And it's probably just a coincidence that after running 13.1 miles in 30 degree weather I developed a really nasty chest cold. The point is I'm right on schedule. Now, it's a half marathon, 2 1/2 hours, and coughing and wheezing the next day. By April, it'll be a full marathon, 5+ hours, and the next day should bring certain death. Perfect!I did, by the way, get a swell long sleeve tee. However, the medal I got was a little odd. According the medal, I finished the "Half Narathon". It makes me wonder if somebody saw me coming, contemplated whether or not I should get a medal, and said "Naah, I don't think so".



2 comments:
"Half Narathon" medal is much better than a "Half Marathon" medal. Good work! Weez proud of yuh, boy.
If all the people of the world were like the King family, what a wonderful world it would be.
I'm proud to become a team member.
Post a Comment